These delicious pancakes are brilliant addition to your weekend breakfast and they are a good source of fiber.
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 40 minutes
• 3 extra large eggs, separated
• 5 dl milk
• 60g butter, melted
• 150g BARLEYmax™ flour
• 150g plain wheat flour
• 1 ½ teaspoons (10g) baking powder
• ½ teaspoon (3g) salt
1. In a medium bowl, mix together egg yolks, milk and melted butter.
2. In a second bowl, mix the dry ingredients – flours, salt and baking
3. Sift the flour mixture into the milk mixture and stir until combined to a
4. In a medium bowl, mix egg whites to soft peaks and fold into the batter.
5. Heat a large non-stick frypan over medium heat and spray pan with oil.
6. Using 2/3 dl mixture per pancake, cook 2 pancakes for 3-4 minutes or
until bubbles appear on surface.
7. Turn and cook for 3 minutes or until cooked through. Transfer to a plate.
8. Cover loosely with foil to keep warm. Repeat with remaining mixture,
spraying pan with oil between batches.
Recipe: The Healthy Grain