This healthy dip is a great inclusion on an antipasto platter.
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
- 500g carrots, peeled, coarsely chopped
- 50g BARLEYmax™Flakes
- 1 big garlic clove, crushed
- 70ml extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon ground cumin
- ¼ teaspoon smoked paprika
- ¼ teaspoon ground turmeric
- ½ teaspoon chilli flakes (optional)
- Zest from 1 lemon
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon chopped coriander (or parsley)
1. Cook the carrot in a large saucepan of boiling water for 20 minutes or until tender. Drain and cool.
2. Place all ingredients in the bowl of a food processor and process until smooth.
3. Taste and season with extra salt if required. Transfer to serving bowl.
Recipe: The Healthy Grain